This site is meant to give others an insight into who I am, what I’m interested in, and other information about me. I’ve made an effort throughout the development of this site to make it both attractive and easy to use. My hope is that you, the end viewer, are able to navigate easily and intuitively around the site without becoming lost or confused. The design and layout of the site is also meant to be attractive and professional, with a “modern”, warm feel to it, while also remaining functional. It’s up to you to decide how well I have accomplished these goals.
This site makes use of a number of technologies and standards. These include XHTML and Cascading StyleSheets (CSS). Furthermore, the site makes use of the ExpressionEngine content management system. Using this CMS allows me to update the site from any internet-connected computer in the world by simply logging into my Control Panel.
This site and content herein is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 License. In short, it means that “some rights are reserved”, as opposed to the common “all rights reserved” that you may be more used to seeing. Specifically:
You are free:
- to Share—to copy, distribute and transmit the work
- to Remix—to adapt the work
Under the following conditions:
- Attribution. You must make clear the original source of the work by naming the original author and preferably linking back to the appropriate page on this site (but not in any way that suggests that I endorse you or your use of the work).
- Noncommercial. You may not use this work for commercial purposes.
- Share Alike. If you alter, transform, or build upon this work, you may distribute the resulting work only under the same or similar license to this one.
- For any reuse or distribution, you must make clear to others the license terms of this work. The best way to do this is with a link to this Creative Commons page.
- Any of the above conditions can be waived if you get permission from me.
- Nothing in this license impairs or restricts my moral rights in regards to my work.
Credit Where Credit is Due
The background photograph used in the site header is titled Mist Panoramic by photographer Graeme Purdy. It is from the iStockphoto.com royalty-free image repository.
The World of Warcraft “pop-up tooltips” are done using the super-simple script provided by Wowhead.com. I was looking into creating my own or adapting one of the other (frankly a bit unwieldy) options out there, but good old Wowhead came to the rescue. One line of code and a quick edit to the links was all it needed.
About the Author
I’m Chris Curtis, otherwise known to some of my college friends as “Chris-Gary”. Perhaps that story will be the subject of an entry sometime. Speaking of college, I got a Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering at Texas A&M University. I made tons of great friends during my time there and we all still get together as often as possible, though with us spread across the country (and world!) and living “real lives” that’s not nearly so easy to do anymore.
I’ve been interested in “web development” for what seems like ages. I made my first site back in 1995 or so, which I’m sure consisted of horribly massacring HTML. Over the years since, I’ve taught myself all sorts of information about HTML, XHTML, CSS, and other boring acronyms. My current design approach is in line with most other modern designers in that I put the site structure and content down in XHTML and use CSS to style the content and present it visually (and to other mediums besides simply the computer screen). Each new day and every new project lets me learn something new that I can apply in the future.
——-BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK——-
GE/IT d-(—) s:-() a C++(+++)$ U- P(+) L+ E——W+++$ N !o K—? w+ O(+) M+(++) V PS(+) PE(+) Y+(++) PGP t+(++) 5++(+++) X(+) R+ tv+ b++ DI+() D++ G e++ h(+) r y+
———END GEEK CODE BLOCK———