- Time for Comments Again
- I turned off commenting quite a while back due to the fact that the overwhelming majority of comments the site received were spam. I got tired of being reactive and cleaning it up and since …
- Thursday Jun 11, 2009 |
- Holy Paladins - a.k.a. Healadins
- Warning: if you don’t care about WoW, you won’t care about this. =) However, since WoW is one of my bigger pastimes - and I’m woefully slacking on posting to the site - I figured …
- Tuesday Jun 2, 2009 |
- WoW Raid/Buff Stacking (Quick Note)
- Mostly a convenience link for myself, this lists how the different buffs do/don't stack in WoW post-3.0.
- Tuesday Oct 28, 2008 |
- Gimme My Keys, Firefox!
- I’ve been a long-time user of Firefox, but for a while now I’ve actually been browsing with Camino as the regular browser on my mac. After using Firefox 3 (FF3)for a while at work and …
- Sunday Aug 10, 2008 |
- Tips For Your Vehicle Gas
- I recently received one of those “chain letter” type emails, this one purporting to be from someone working in the gas/oil industry and giving some tips on how to get the most out of your …
- Friday May 9, 2008 |
- FreakAngels (Quick Note)
- A free, online comic by the master: Warren Ellis. I've been a huge fan of Ellis for years and this new comic looks pretty darn good.
- Sunday Feb 17, 2008 |
- Warcrafter (Quick Note)
- Searching around for something to allow me to "try out" gear, I found Warcrafter, which is pretty neat. It's still "beta", but lots of nice features. And, of course, there's Ghrikk.
- Saturday Jan 19, 2008 |
- VeriSign’s at it Again
- Well, it looks like VeriSign (aka Network Solutions) is at it yet again: being one of the scum of the internet. This time, they’re proactively squatting on domains that people are looking up. Check that …
- Saturday Jan 12, 2008 |
- Still More 24 Ways
- For the third year in a row, Drew McLellan is serving up another 24 helpings of web design/development goodness. I’ve mentioned the other two years previously, but the annual 24 Ways site is always great. …
- Tuesday Dec 18, 2007 |
- Neighborhood Walkability (Quick Note)
- Neat site that utilizes Google information and maps to get a quick look at how "walkable" your neighborhood is. I'd love to live somewhere that I could walk to lots of stores and such rather …
- Saturday Dec 15, 2007 |
- Free With Mats (Quick Note)
- Nice, upcoming WoW site that lets you find gems/enchants as well as has user-submitted information on tradeskill crafting. Once more profiles are added, it should be a nice way to find people to craft items, …
- Wednesday Dec 5, 2007 |
- Cleaning out OS X Languages (Quick Note)
- I used "Monolingual" myself a while back, but here's some good info on possible options. Be sure to read the comments, too.
- Thursday Nov 8, 2007 |
- Are Compact Fluorescents Worth it? (Quick Note)
- Someone does some quick math showing just how much you can save in even a single month by switching your lights from regular incandescents to CFLs.
- Tuesday Oct 30, 2007 |
- Leopard’s Blue Screen of Death
- Most Windows users are at least aware of the existence of the dreaded “Blue Screen of Death” (BSoD) that can occur when a particularly bad error surfaces. Rarely do Mac OS X users encounter the …
- Tuesday Oct 30, 2007 |
- Next Midrange Graphics Card (Quick Note)
- If the AnandTech review is accurate (and I've always liked their reviews), the forthcoming NVIDIA 8800 GT card may be a fantastic compromise between great performance and moderate price.
- Monday Oct 29, 2007 |
- Leopard is Here
- Apple’s newest version of their operating system was released yesterday: Mac OS X 10.5 “Leopard”. I haven’t installed it yet myself, but I’m definitely looking forward to some of the features. Probably the one drawing …
- Saturday Oct 27, 2007 |
- Schedules and Sleep
- A few months back, I started a new job. It’s another customer support spot for a software company, but we’ll not go into specifics since… well… it’s better that way. Anyway, after the initial training, …
- Monday Oct 15, 2007 |
- Maximizing your Rogue Gear
- I previously posted about consumables that should be brought to every raid. Consumables are very important, but they’re temporary. In addition, we need to worry about other ways to maximize our potential and that includes …
- Wednesday Oct 10, 2007 |
- Rogue Raiding Consumables
- WoW Insider pointed to a Big Bear Butt post calling for folks to make some lists of recommended elixirs, food, etc. These are things people should be bringing to every raid so they’re prepared. While …
- Tuesday Oct 9, 2007 |
- Toyota WoW? (Quick Note)
- So, apparently, this is a real Toyota commercial that was aired this week during a college football game. Don't know about you, but I was cracking up!
- Sunday Oct 7, 2007 |