Return to the archives.
- Homemade Samoas Bars
- Samoas (or Caramel Delights, as they're now called) are by far my favorite "Girl Scout Cookie". Now if only I were any good at baking, I could enjoy their taste year-round with this!
- Connect to a Hidden WiFi Network with Android
- I got a new 5th Gen Airport Extreme for Christmas and went about setting up my local network again. I decided to run the wireless network as closed/hidden so that the SSID isn’t broadcast. This worked fine for all my many devices except my Android …
- 1080p Does Matter
- Interesting info detailing how screen size, resolution, and viewing distance all interact and affect the amount of detail you can make use of.
- More Cowbell
- I have a fever…and the only cure is… Yep, the nonstop cowbells on the sidelines down the slope. I have no idea why, but I have serious Olympic Fever this year. I’ve always been moderately interested in the winter Olympics, as when I was young, …
- Hating people in style!
- The much discussed tee-shirt is now available for sale! Some people say, “I don’t hate people, I hate their behavior.” But the more you’re around people, the more you realize, naw, people’s behavior isn’t bad, they’re just jerks. Proclaim it loud. Or in lowercase, at …
- Let’s Nuke a Hurricane!
- If you hear anyone suggesting the title of this article at anytime for any reason whatsoever, and I’ve heard several suggestions here and there online in the last month, please… please refer them to this article at aoml.noaa.gov. An excerpt: The main difficulty with using …
- Who Approved of Hisham’s First Post?
- Recently I was reminded of this true story in my life: Once upon a time I needed orthodontic treatment. The dentist’s office was located in my small town’s mall. A dark, dank place festering with those little flying parasites called mosquitos. By the time it …
- Gmail Invites
- Like just about everyone else around (it seems) I suddenly have 50 Gmail invites available. So, if somehow you haven’t already snagged a Gmail account from someone else and you want one, give me your email address and I’ll send you an invite. Oh happy …
- The Long Tail of Economics
- Looking back over some of my recent posts, I’m seeing a recurring pattern with the mention of Wired. Seems I’ve rediscovered what I knew to be a great source in times past. This time, it’s Wired’s article on The Long Tail, which is actually a …
- Weird Referrers V: Jeeves Attacks
- As we all do, I go through my referrers from time to time and search terms to see how people are finding my site. Ask Jeeves led someone to my site through the question: Is the movie cold mountain about the Grooms family in east …
- Is Bush Wired?
- The link to this site was “hidden” in one of the little link boxes over on Paul’s site. So, I guess you can blame him. Basically, there’s a website out there that’s discussing the possibility that President Bush is being prompted through an earpiece during …
- Alton Delivers ‘Good Eats’
- Dan Cederholm put up a short entry about Alton Brown and “Good Eats”. Like Dan, I’m a huge fan of the show “Good Eats”, which you can catch on the FoodTV network. I’m really not much of a cook and I don’t watch other shows, …
- I Want My Gmail
- Okay, I’m really jealous. I see all these other people around saying they’re getting Gmail accounts. I want one, too. Why’s everyone else get something cool like that and I can’t? :( So, if you happen to have a Gmail account and have a spare …
- Questionable Smiting?
- Herein are two links for you to examine: 1. How To Ask Questions The Smart Way 2. [g]"Smite Button"[/g] I now leave it to you, the reader, to piece together what I’m really talking about…
- Red Mars by Kim Stanley Robinson
- Boing Boing (well, Cory Doctorow, really) has a great entry up about Red Mars by Kim Stanley Robinson. As Doctorow quite correctly points out, Red Mars is one of the finest science fiction books you’ll find anywhere. It’s simply incredible. The two sequels (Green Mars …
- Don’t Panic!
- Be the hoopy frood that you know you are. It’s Towel Day. No, it’s not 42 days after the anniversary of Adam’s death, nor is it a Thursday. But nonetheless, it’s today.
- Kayaking Gear List
- Seeing as I’ll be leaving on a kayaking trip tomorrow, I figured I’d throw up a kayaking gear list. This should also be useful as a camping or backpacking gear list, for the most part. Hopefully some other people can find this useful if they …
- iPod Itch Cooled
- This past week, spending so much time with iTunes had left me with a severe itch for an iPod. Specifically, a 15GB 3rd-Generation iPod, along with Griffin Technology’s iTrip. The iTrip stands out from other FM transmitters in that it allows you to use whatever …
- My Music
- Well, it only took a full two days, and I do mean full, but my cd collection (minus 16 discs that I can’t find) is finally imported into iTunes. 3238 songs, 8.5 days, and 11.65 GB worth of music. That’s almost obscene. It definitely puts …
- 80 Hours of Uncompressed DV
- Someone needs to talk me out of buying this right now. Please! At $1200, this one terabyte external drive is very tempting. I could easily keep 10-20 projects open at the same time, and not have to worry about clearing disk space for the next …
- Page 1 of 3 pages 1 2 3 >
Return to the archives.